How to configure mule client for JMS
Harshajith Halgaswatta
2012-02-09 09:53:37 UTC
Hi Devs,

I have a problem in initializing mule client to send JMS messages,

My code is as follows

MuleClient client = new MuleClient(true);

MuleMessage message = client.request("jms://jbpm.response", 1000);

I am getting an exception

org.mule.transport.service.TransportFactoryException: Unable to create
connection factory. Either configure a connectionFactory-ref or a
jndiInitialFactory. (org.mule.api.lifecycle.InitialisationException)
(org.mule.api.registry.RegistrationException)

How can I configure connectionFactory-ref or jndiInitialFactory with Mule
client. If you can provide me a code snippet, it is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Harsha

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments), whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.
Santiago Vacas
2012-02-09 18:16:51 UTC

you can get information regarding connection factory configuration in [1].
[2] shows ActiveMQ specific examples

[1] http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3USER/JMS+Transport+Reference#JMSTransportReference-Usage

[2] http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3USER/ActiveMQ+Integration

Harshajith Halgaswatta
2012-02-10 01:30:18 UTC

Thanks for your response. I have already gone through this and I need to
configure the Mule client in standalone manner.
I could not use

MuleClient client = new MuleClient("http-client-config.xml,
shared-client-config.xml");
client.getMuleContext().start(); // Hence I could not specify xml configs as
proposed in the reference docs you mentioned.

The reference guide only focus on the ESB configuration for JMS transport. I
am afraid if it says anything for the Mule client.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Harsha

Santiago Vacas
2012-02-10 06:01:24 UTC
The MuleClient is used to interact with a mule application, not to start it up.
There are different options to deploy Mule as explained in [1].
If you are trying to embed mule in a web application or any other kind
of java application you can get more information from [2].

[1] http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3USER/Deployment+Scenarios
[2] http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3USER/Embedding+Mule+in+a+Java+Application+or+Webapp

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM, Harshajith Halgaswatta