About the Enterprise and Community editions
Narayanan Narayanan
2012-02-08 13:11:52 UTC

I want to use Mule product for a commercial purpose.
I have some doubts to clarify before using it.

1. I want to know the details of the code,documentation,cost,support,license differences for Enterprise and community Editions.
2. How Enterprise edition is effective or valuable than community edition.
3. If i want to changeover from community to Enterprise edition in the half way,is it possible?How?
4. What about the dependency of Mule for third party components?less or more

Andrew Perepelytsya
2012-02-09 00:43:04 UTC

Upgrading to EE from CE is pretty straightforward, it is a super set of the
latter. License-wise if you comply with Mule terms, you are good to go, we
don't distribute any incompatible components.

Feel free to teach out to MuleSoft sales to get an exhaustive answer.

HTH,
Andrew
Hi,
Pablo La Greca
2012-02-15 18:56:29 UTC

I can help you with some of your concerns:

- Mule EE is built on top of Mule CE so you can change from CE to EE whenever you want.
- Enterprise edition provides:
-- Clustering support
-- Advance event tracking
-- Administration console (MMC = Mule management console)
-- Support for Multi transactions. 1.5 commit protocol
-- Additional transports:
--- Enhanced JMS
--- WebphereMQ support
- Take a look at a detailed comparison between Mule CE and Mule EE features: http://www.mulesoft.com/mule-esb-enterprise

- You can download mule CE and check dependencies on your own. There are some other dependencies in Mule EE.

If you enterprise want to start working with an ESB you must take a look at Mule Studio: http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3STUDIO/Basic+Studio+Tutorial

For details on licences you should contact Mule sales: http://www.mulesoft.com/contact

Pablo.