Multiple Services on single Port
Bharat Patel
2011-12-26 06:42:42 UTC
Hi Every one,

Is it possible to deploy two webservices separately on Mule 3.2.0 and have the same port number assigned to two webservices?

Some thing like

helloService on port 12599
WelcomeService on port 12599.

Both the applications are packaged separately.
If I use the same port number for both the webservices it is giving me
Address already in use (java.net.BindException)
java.net.PlainSocketImpl:-2 (null)

even if they are packaged separately.

I am new to Mule 3.2. Please help it is very urgent.

Regards

Bharat Patel

Mariano Capurro
2011-12-26 14:35:37 UTC
Hi Bharat

I think there is a way to share the connector and having each inbound
endpoint listening in a different path. Not sure is this works with
services or flows or both.

Can you share your configuration please?
Post by Bharat Patel
Hi Every one,
Is it possible to deploy two webservices separately on Mule 3.2.0 and have
the same port number assigned to two webservices?
Some thing like
helloService on port 12599
WelcomeService on port 12599.
Both the applications are packaged separately.
If I use the same port number for both the webservices it is giving me
Address already in use (java.net.BindException)
java.net.PlainSocketImpl:-2 (null)
even if they are packaged separately.
I am new to Mule 3.2. Please help it is very urgent.
Regards
*Bharat* Patel
*Mariano Capurro*
Engineering Technical Manager
MuleSoft
25 de mayo 555 9th floor
C.A.B.A., Argentina
Tel: +54 11 5353 4497
Mail: mariano.capurro-569aJbr3hvNWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org
Bharat Patel
2011-12-27 04:36:26 UTC
I have resolved this by configuring all my web services in single mule config file. It works like a charm. Anyways thanks for reply.

KumarPonmaheswaran KumarPonmaheswaran
2012-02-01 04:01:04 UTC
can you share your knowledge how did you do that?
because i have multiple services on single configuration file. when i give same port number for all services
the application is crashing.
Could you please help me?

Thanks,
Mahes

Nahuel Lofeudo
2012-02-01 09:59:22 UTC

If what you are trying to do is listen for multiple URLs on a single HTTP port, you need to do it within a single Mule app. You can't have different Mule apps listening on the same port. This is because each app creates its own HTTP server and binds to the HTTP port on its own.
What you can do is make each app listen on a different port, and create a new application that listens on the common port and forwards requests to the different app-specific ports. That'll work.

Best regards
Nahuel
MuleSoft Support
Hi,