Mule 3.2 collection-splitter change?
Franco Gasperino
2012-01-30 01:17:28 UTC
Was there a change to the collection-splitter message processor between 3.1.2 and 3.2.1? This behavior:

<sub-flow name="flowA">
<expression-transformer>
<return-argument evaluator="string" expression="message 1"/>
<return-argument evaluator="string" expression="message 2"/>
</expression-transformer>

<collection-splitter/>
<flow-ref name="flowB"/>

<logger message="Done" .../>
</sub-flow>

<sub-flow name="flowB">
<logger message="In flowB" ../>
</sub-flow>

In Mule 3.1.2, this would produce:
"In flowB"
"In flowB"
"Done"

In Mule 3.2.1, this produces:
"In flowB"
"In flowB"
"Done"
"Done"

It appears that Mule is not only performing split & process on the processor directly after the collection-splitter, but the remaining of the current processor as well.

stefano.falconetti
2012-01-30 01:22:48 UTC
Thank you for your message. I'm sorry, I'm currently out of office with no access to e-mails. If your query is urgent you can try to contact me on my mobile: +39 335 1990013. I will be back on 31/01/2012 Regards, Stefano Falconetti.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, please notify the sender
and delete all copies immediately. The sender believes this message and any attachments
were sent free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and other forms of malicious code.
This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission. The
recipient opens any attachments at the recipient's own risk, and in so doing, the
recipient accepts full responsibility for such actions and agrees to take protective
and remedial action relating to any malicious code. Travelport is not liable for any
loss or damage arising from this message or its attachments.

Pablo La Greca
2012-01-30 20:32:27 UTC
Franco,

I'm taking a look at the code to see what has change.

As a workaround please try the following:

<processor-chain>
<collection-splitter/>
<flow-ref name="flowB"/>
</processor-chain>