Importing Mule Project into Eclipse - Mule Maven Dependency
Paul Crofts
2012-01-20 19:35:59 UTC
If I create a mule project from the mvn command and import it into eclipse using m2e I get the following error on the pom and can't work with it in Eclipse. Anyone seen and solved this?

Description Resource Path Location Type
Project build error: Unresolveable build extension: Plugin org.mule.tools:maven-mule-plugin:1.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for org.mule.tools:maven-mule-plugin:jar:1.6 () pom.xml /AEDN-Globe line 1 Maven pom Loading Problem

Adam Causey
2012-01-23 15:35:11 UTC
I had some issues importing a Mule maven project. Two things seemed to help my issue:

- Be sure to add the mule repository to your list of maven repos: http://dist.codehaus.org/mule/dependencies/maven2/

- After the import, right click on the project, do a Maven -> Update Dependencies... and check 'Force Update of Snapshots/Releases' . Updating project configurations might also help.

If none of this works, you could also try removing your local maven repository files and cache... on linux/os x it's located in ~/.m2/repository

Adam Causey
2012-01-23 15:44:00 UTC
You could also try changing the plugin version to 1.7 - I think that is the latest.

Paul Crofts
2012-01-26 16:32:55 UTC
This isn't the answer for me. But does give a clue. Removing the local repository and trying the import again makes things worse. I see eclipse uses the embedded maven with m2e installed when resolving the workspace dependencies. I got a feeling the problem is around the settings of that embedded environment. I will have to try outside of our corporate firewall and see if it works there first with a similar setup.